If you love a good fudgy brownie, but sometimes don’t want all of that chocolate – these easy blonde brownies are the perfect substitute. Even my husband (who doesn’t typically like sweets) will devour a plate of these! This white chocolate blondie recipe is simple and a classic.
What is the difference between brownies and blondies?
Blondies are the cousin of brownies, but the main difference is instead of using cocoa powder or another form of chocolate, they have a brown sugar base. While blondies are still very sweet, they are not as rich as a traditional brownie. However, they still have a chewy texture and a gooey center.
Ingredients You Will Need for Blonde Brownies
- Butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- White Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles (optional)
How to Make Blondies Recipe
Preheat and Prep
First, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Find an 8×8 square baking pan and spray with cooking spray (my favorite is PAM Baking Spray).
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt your unsalted butter and set it aside to slightly cool.
Mix Dry Ingredients
Combine flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk very well. Ideally 20+ seconds of whisking to ensure all of the dry ingredients are very well incorporated. Add the light brown sugar and granulated sugar to the bowl and whisk very well again. The mixture will be coarse.
Mix Together Wet Ingredients
In a large bowl, add the melted butter, room temperature eggs, and vanilla. Using a mixing spoon, stir together the ingredients until well incorporated. The mixture will be very runny and yellow in color.
Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients in thirds, stirring well in between each addition. No need for an electric mixer! Once the mixture is fully combined, you will have golden brown blondie batter that is thick, but will still run off your spoon smoothly.
Now add the white chocolate chips and sprinkles and fold into the batter until evenly mixed. Pour the batter into the greased square baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the bowl to get all of the remaining batter into the pan. To make the sprinkles show up a bit more, add a few more on top of the prepared batter. Place the pan into the oven and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
You can also substitute white chocolate chips for chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or butterscotch chips. Feel free to add any of your other favorite mix-ins like toffee bits, macadamia nuts, walnuts, Reese’s Pieces, etc.
Baking Blonde Brownies Recipe
Bake until the top is golden brown. If you like really gooey texture blondies, then remove them from the oven on the lower end of the baking time. For more well done blondies, shoot for the high end of the range. I have also found that different pans may change the baking time. For metal pans, you should be good in the 25-30 minute range. However, when I made this recipe using my ceramic pan, I left the blondies in until about 33-35. Either way, keep an eye on your blondies once they get close to the end of the time, and bake until desired gooeyness!
How to Serve Loaded Blonde Brownies
Once the birthday cake brownie blondie bars have cooled, cut into squares, and serve! You can add your favorite buttercream or frosting topping if desired.
Pro Tip: When they are still warm, serve with a scoop of ice cream!
Storing Blonde Brownies
You can store these in an airtight container for 5-7 days. To save these for a later occasion, you can freeze them in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
I hope you enjoy this easy blondie recipe! Please share your creations with my on Instagram at @the_frosted_kitchen
If you enjoy this recipe, try these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Blonde Brownie Recipe
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup White Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Prepare an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl, set aside, and allow to slightly cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk very well until completely incorporated.
- Add the light brown sugar and granulated sugar to the flour mixture and mix with a whisk well. The mixture will be coarse. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour/sugar mixture into the wet ingredients in thirds, stirring well between each addition.
- Add the white chocolate chips and sprinkles and stir until evenly dispersed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Top with sprinkles.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. If using a ceramic baking dish, you may need to bake a bit longer than 30 minutes. Remove from the oven when the outer edge is light brown and the middle is golden brown.